Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Love Me, I Love Me Not

white pink dahlia
If you don't love yourself, you cannot love others. You will not be able to love others. If you have no compassion for yourself then you are not able of developing compassion for others.” 
 Dalai Lama

If I don't love and care for myself, then why should anyone else?  As I pointed out in my post from yesterday, we must learn to love ourselves first.  Here are twenty ways that I  show love for myself (and you can too): 

1.  Stay snuggled under the covers for an extra five minutes (it feels SO good)


2.  See only the colored hair and the smooth skin in the mirror (it’s just as easy to find those as the others)


3.  Remind yourself of the good things you’ve accomplished today (after all, if you don’t sing your own praises, why should anyone else?)


4.  Take a walk (even if it’s only 10 minutes)


5.  Laugh (so, it will give you a few more wrinkles, you’ll feel so good!)


6.  Call a friend (someone who will laugh and cry with you)


7.  Take a bubble bath (lots of bubbles and candles required)


8.  Sing! (at the top of your lungs)


9.  Watch your favorite movie (it doesn’t matter what kind as long as it makes you feel good)


10.  Treat yourself to dinner out, with all the trimmings (it’s nice to be waited on)


11.  Watch the sunrise or sunset (it truly is spectacular)


12.  Read a good book (something that will take you far away)


13.  Watch (or listen to) the birds (it’s God’s music)


14.  Have your own private wine and cheese party (no one will know just how much or little you ate and drank)


15.  Snuggle with your dog/cat (they always love just the way you are)


16.  Paint/draw something (it doesn’t have to be good, it’s just for you!)


17.  Allow yourself to feel bad (specify the amount of time you’ll let this happen, you don’t want to get stuck here)


18.  Rearrange your furniture (it will be like a new room)


19.  Hold a baby  (a reminder of the important things in life)


20.  Help someone (kind of puts everything in perspective)


Tell me yours….


But by the grace of God I am what I am. —I Corinthians 15:10 (KJV)

No comments: