Wednesday, September 21, 2011

God Plus One is Always a Majority




Cardinal von Faulhaber of Munich is reported once to have had a conversation with the famed physicist Albert Einstein.

"Cardinal von Faulhaber," Einstein said, "I respect religion, but I believe in mathematics.  Probably it is the other way around with you."

"You are mistaken," replied the Cardinal.  "To me, both are merely different expressions of the same divine exactness."

"But, your Eminence, what would you say if mathematical science should someday come to conclusions directly contradictory to religious beliefs?

"Oh," the Cardinal answered with ease, "I have the highest respect for the competence of mathematicians.  I am sure they would never rest until they discovered their mistake."

Regardless of how ardently some people try to suppress it, God's truth will always prevail.

If God be for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:31

No comments: