Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's the Little Things in Life That Determine the Big Things



In speaking to a group of ministers, Fred Craddock noted the importance of being faithful in the little things of life.  He said:  "To give my life for Christ appears glorious.  To pour myself out for others...to pay the ultimate price of martyrdom--I'll do it.  I'm ready, Lord, to go out in a blaze of glory."

"We think giving our all to the Lord is like taking a $1,000 bill and laying it on the table--'Here's my life, Lord.  I'm giving it all.'

"But the reality for most of us is that He sends us to the bank and has us cash in the $1,000 for quarters.  We go through life putting out 25 cents here and 50 cents there.  Listen to the neighbor kid's troubles instead of saying, 'Get lost.'  Go to a committee meeting.  Give a cup of water to a shaky old man in a nursing home."

"Usually giving our life to Christ isn't glorious.  It's done in all those little acts of love, 25 cents at a time.  It would be easy to go out in a flash of glory; it's harder to live the christian life little by little over the long haul."

Thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things:  enter thou into the joy of the lord.
Matthew 25:21



No comments: