Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Laundry Day

Oh my!  Hear it is again!  Why is it that I dislike this chore so much?  It's not like I have to go out and beat my clothes on a rock at the creek.  I don't even have to stand and put it through the old wringer machine.  All I have to do is sort the clothes, put them in the washer with some detergent, and push the button.  That's not difficult! 

It's not hard to dry the clothes.  My neighbor in another town always hung her clothes outside on the line, even in the winter.  I don't do that.  In fact, I haven't hung anything outside for a long, long time.  I just take the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer.  Again, not too difficult!

Maybe it's the hanging and folding that I don't like.  It's not hard, just time consuming:  matching socks, hanging the clothes right away so they don't wrinkle.  Again, that's not difficult and not a lot of time.

So, what's left?  Just putting everything away.  I love that feeling when it's all done, everything's back where it belongs, and "all's right with the world." 

Maybe it's the interruptions.  You're in the middle of something and the dryer buzzes.  You've got a choice:  you can keep doing what you're doing, ignoring the buzzer, and know that you're going to have to use the old wet towel trick and run them again, or you're going to have to iron.  Oh my gosh....not that!

Well, I guess I haven't figured out just what my problem is here, but the dryer is buzzing so I'd better run!

No comments: