Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

 
'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
and I just couldn't sleep.
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned,
the dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation
with all of my might.
Tossing and turning
with anticipation,
The thought of a snack
became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen,
flung open the door,
And gazed at the fridge
full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey
and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots,
beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling
so plump and so round,
Till all of a sudden,
I rose off the ground!
I crashed through the ceiling.
Floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding
and a handful of pie.
But I managed to yell
as I soared past the trees...
Happy eating to all!
Pass the cranberries, please!
 
Author Unknown
 
"He who offers
a sacrifice of thanksgiving
honors Me;
And to him who orders his way aright
I shall show the salvation of God."

Psalm 50:23

No comments: